Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Poem

The Occult
This is one of the first few poems I've written. Tried my hand it!Tell me what you think about itIt's a sonnet (that is a poem consisting of 14 lines)

I was forsaken in the midst of strife,
The tempest humbling me,
the languish bleeding into me.
Solitude and melancholy blanketed me.
As I felt tainted and wretched
I witnessed an aura
Its dazzle outshining the daystar
bringing concord to my innate senses.
Making me see the splendour of the vale
and the brook gladdened heath.
My horizon was broadened,
My jubilince regained
What was the occult I percieved
that metamorphose me?

This is the interpretation I had in mind when I penned this poem. Itcan always be looked in different shades of light!I was in deep trouble, the storms were overpowering me, I felt painand sadness. I was alone forever. I was overcome grief and a sense ofnot wanting to live.Then I witnessed someting, that changed my entire perspective.Describes as a positive light. I realised the beauty of nature. I wasmotivated to think optimistically as I felt happy and optimistic.The last two lines ask a question. A question that is left for you to answerWhat was the one incident that changed a lot for the better in yourlife! A philosophical awakening...Have you seen your occult yet? Introspect and you will find it, Ifnot...you can always start off now!

By Niveditha Sunderraj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home